Sunday, February 7, 2016

Sherar Gym Mural

In 2007, some of my students proposed, designed and painted a multi-section mural in the foyer of Sherar Gymnasium on the Yakima Valley Community College Campus. This year it was painted over. I have been in a sort of mourning over the unexpected loss for about a month and I think that showing some images of the mural and the process might make me feel a bit better about it's removal from the physical world.


The mural was painted way back in 2007 and since then my website has changed several times as has my computer. I was unable to quickly find the mural images or a way to transfer the .html pages that described the process, but I did have a PowerPoint of the mural process. So that is what I am sharing here, with minimal editing:




















That's our project. The slide show used to end with an invitation to visit the mural in person. You can still see my students' Yak heads on the doors, but the top banner sections are gone. If you got to see them, I'm glad. If you never did, now the invitation is to visit them in here the virtual world.

2 comments:

  1. Gustavo Woltmann loves this mural. It's great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gustavo Woltmann loves this mural. It's great!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think about my work or this post