Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Award of Excellence

Last weekend was the opening reception for the Central Washington Artists' Exhibition at Larson Gallery. I was in a plane, so I was unable to attend, but my piece did win the Bruce Simpson & Denali Granholm Award of Excellence. I found out on Facebook, actually, when I saw my piece in an article from the Daily Sun News.

Cyclical Adaptations

I made it over to see the show yesterday and liked what I saw. The work is varied and some of my favorite artists from the region are represented. If you'd like to see my award winning piece in person, this show is your last chance, as the piece has sold. The Central Washington Artists' Exhibition will remain up at Larson Gallery through December 7.

Central Washington Artists' Exhibition 2013

In fact, most of the work will still be on display during Larson Gallery Guild's upcoming "Santa's Workshop" event on December 8 from 1-3pm at the gallery. Santa will be there to take pictures with kids and adults. There will be an art sale featuring affordable art by local artists and homemade baked goods. There will be also be art projects and cookie decorating for kids and adults. Bring your family, your kids, your grandparents or your neighbors. The event is free, but Larson Gallery always graciously accepts donations and support from its members and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think about my work or this post