These are the pieces I threw this week with the cone 6 clay to prepare for my workshop at Archie Bray. I threw mostly simple forms, bowls and mugs, but I also tried a few donuts and turned one into a teapot.
I tried a variety of mug shapes because I've been thinking a lot about different mug shapes lately and wanted to have a bunch to compare.
|mugs with handles drying slowly under plastic|
|mug shaped with ribs|
I only had one box of clay to work with. I pulled some handles, then threw with the rest of the clay. The result was not enough handles compared to how many mug shapes I threw. I decided to make some of my mugs into tea bowls.
For fun, I threw a couple of donuts. Several of my students were on a donut teapot kick at the end of the quarter and since I've never actually made a donut teapot, I thought I'd made one.
|a little wonky, but not terrible for a rushed first time|
|functional for one very specific purpose|