Sunday, October 26, 2014

Essay for M R McDonald's Catalog

A few weeks ago, I wrote about writing an essay for a friend, photographer M R McDonald. The essay has been finalized and published. You can view it here. The catalog is for McDonald's show at the Esvelt Gallery in Pasco, WA at Columbia Basin Community College. The show features his photographs and wood pieces turned by John Barany. The wood pieces include collaborations with other artists in various media including McDonald's photography, glass by Sharon Strong and others.

my catalog cover

The show opens Wednesday, November 5, 2014 at 1pm. The reception is early to encourage CBC students to attend, but it makes it a bit tough for the rest of us to get there. (I have a meeting that will prevent my attendance). The photographs in the show include ones I discuss in my essay. The specific photographs I discuss are also included in the catalog itself, which one can buy online directly from blurb.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think about my work or this post