Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Current and Upcoming Events

Student Exhibition at Larson Gallery
This week is your last chance to see the YVCC Department of Visual Arts Student and Faculty Exhibition at Larson Gallery. The show runs through May 31. The gallery is open this week through Friday 10-5pm and Saturday 1-5pm. Students can pick up their work starting on Saturday at Larson Gallery or Tuesday in the Art Department.


Members Arts and Crafts Exhibition at Larson Gallery
The next show at Larson Gallery will be the Members Arts and Crafts Exhibition, featuring a wide variety of work by current Larson Gallery Guild members. I'll have a piece in the show. I hope that my students will also consider putting something in this year. 


June Art Fest at Chalet Place
I will also have work at June Art Fest on June 14. June Art Fest is a one-day outdoor art fair featuring local artists. This is definitely an art show, rather than an arts and crafts show. Each artist, or pair of artists has a booth at the fair with his or her paintings, jewelry, sculpture, or functional work. 

Last year the music was live and very good most of the day. There will be potters, wood carvers, fiber  artists, painters, mixed media artists, printmakers and jewelry in metal and wood. Stop by to buy gifts or something for yourself, or just stop by to visit and keep the artists company. Hopefully this year won't be as windy and rainy as the show in 2012. 



Summer Workshops at Larson Gallery
Coming up later this summer, I will be hosting a clay workshop for kids and adults on June 29. Call or visit Larson Gallery to register for my workshop or others. Lucas Orthman, Natalie Dotzauer both are teaching at YVCC this year--I expect their workshops to be good. I have taken a Joan Cawley-Crane workshop and I know hers will be excellent, and I have heard good things about Larry Calkins' encaustic workshop. You might want to hurry to register before all the spots are taken.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think about my work or this post